February 21st Concert: Seamus Kennedy
March 21st Concert: Mark Elliott and Runaway Home
April 18th Concert: Jack Williams
May 15th Concert: Hicks and Goulbourn
June 20th Concert: Adam Hurt and Beth Williams Hartness
January 17th Concert: Joan & Joni (Allison Shapira and Kipyn Martin)
December 20th: Folk Club Holiday Party
It's time for our annual holiday party! Wrap up your gently used CDs, grab your silver bells, put on your Christmas sweaters, and drive your sleigh over to the Amphora in Herndon for holiday merriment! Hope to see you there!
December 6th Showcase: Alternate winner Jim Nagle will be performing, joined by The Stewart Sisters.
December 13th Concert: Debi Smith
August 16th: Songwriter's Night... folk club members and other local songwriters, this is the night to show us your stuff!
July 19th: Early Rock-n-Roll Night... get out your poodle skirts or your white-Ts and blue suede shoes and join us for a fun time!
May 27-30th: Memorial Day Folk Club Campout in Kilmarnock, VA. See News/Notes page for details.
May 24th: The Folk Club's 31st Anniversary! Come help us celebrate!
Folk Club Holiday Party - December 22nd
Get ready for our annual holiday party! Wrap up your gently used CDs (for the raffle), grab your sleigh bells, put on some red and green, and drive your reindeer over to the Amphora in Herndon for more fun than you can stand! Hope to see you there!
FOLK CLUB LABOR DAY CAMPOUT is just around the corner! Check out News/Notes link for details.
(May 12, 2015)
COME ONE, COME ALL! TO THE FOLK CLUB’S 30th
Door Prizes, Varied Entertainment, and Free Dessert on May 12th at the Amphora
(February 17, 2015)
CONCERT POSTPONEMENT -- Tonight's concert is rescheduled for Tuesday March 3 -- DOUG EVERTON & HIS HOT BUTTERED NUGGETS -- Tonight the folk club plans an open mic night -- $1 open to the public -- all levels and genres are invited -- Ten 12-minute slots are up for grabs! Music starts at 7:15 pm
(September 2, 2014)
FOLK CLUB ARTICLE IN WASHINGTON TIMES - see SPECIAL PAGES!!
At last week's (sold-out!) John McEuen concert, there were representatives from the Washington Times on hand to cover the event, and to learn more about The Club. An article was published in the September 1 issue of the paper, and has been reproduced here on our Special Pages section.
(August 21, 2014)
!! NOTE - JOHN MCEUEN CONCERT SOLD OUT !!
The John McEuen concert for Wednesday, August 27th is now SOLD OUT.
(June 30, 2014)
SPECIAL WEDNESDAY CONCERT - AUGUST 27th - JOHN McEUEN
A special concert performance by former Nitty Gritty Dirt Band member John McEuen will occur on Wednesday, August 27th. See the Concerts page for details, and get your tickets early!
NOTE: as this concert occurs on a Wednesday, there will be NO Tuesday night gathering of the Folk Club on the 26th.
(April 14, 2014)
SPECIAL NOTICE - April 22nd Concert will feature Tony Denikos & Kipyn Martin (see Concert page for more info)
Unfortunately, GRACE PETTIS is unable to perform as scheduled on the 22nd. Tickets issued for this concert date or the previously cancelled (inclement weather) Dec. 10, 2013 will be honored for the Denikos-Martin concert. However, if a refund is desired in lieu of attending this performance, we are happy to do so upon request. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and support.
(Feb 27, 2014)
REVISED SPRING CONCERT SCHEDULE
Winter weather and other events have caused our concert schedule to be revised for the April – June season. Here is the schedule as it currently stands:
· April 22 – Grace Pettis (rescheduled from December 2013, and replacing Gouldbourn & Hicks. Previous tickets honored)
· May 20 – TBA (Mac Arnold has had to cancel)
· June 3 – Dana & Susan Robinson (rescheduled from January – previous tickets honored)
· June 17 – Malcomb Holcombe (YES – a 2 concert month!)The full revised schedule is available on the Concert page, as well.
(Jan 31, 2014)
NEW MEMORIAL DAY CAMPOUT LOCATION
Starting this year, our Memorial Day Campout will be held at Barb & Craig Keeler's new house in Kilmarnock, Virginia. Along with the musical entertainment, there are 8 level acres for tent or RV camping, several canoes and one kayak (with paddles and pfd's), fishing, swimming, bocce, grill(s), and a campfire ring.
The house is located at 72 Point Pleasant Road, Kilmarnock, VA 22482, and is about a 3-hour drive from the Herndon area. Anyone wishing to stay in the nearby area as opposed to camping out can find accommodations at several local motels and inns (just Google the Kilmarnock, VA area).
There will be further details as the date approaches, and a flier should be available for distribution sometime in April.
(Jan 21, 2014)
!!SPECIAL CONCERT NOTICE!! - Due to inclement weather, the Dana & Susan Robinson concert scheduled for this evening has been cancelled. All ticket donations will be refunded.
For those interested, Dana & Susan will be performing tomorrow night in Calvert County, MD
January 22nd at 7:00-8:30pm FREE Admission
Calvert Library Prince Frederick
Prince Frederick, MD | 7:00PM
850 Costley Way Prince Frederick, MD 20678 (410) 535-0291
(Dec 10, 2013)
!!SPECIAL CONCERT NOTICE!! - Due to inclement weather, the Grace Pettis concert scheduled for this evening is being postponed. Information will be provided as soon as it's available for the re-scheduling date. Donations already accepted for a ticket will be honored at the future show.
Anyone wishing to see Grace Pettis this week should know that she will be performing in Annapolis this Friday (Dec 13) at 7pm:
333 Coffeehouse @
Annapolis Friends Meeting House
351 DuBois Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
(October 8, 2013) SPECIAL SHOWCASE & HOLIDAY OPEN MIKE SCHEDULE
- Showcases in November & December will be on the first Tuesday of the month (prospective showcase winners beware).
- Tuesday Open Mike nights for Dec 24th & 31st will be replaced with Thursdays Dec 26th and Jan 2nd. NOTE – Jan 2nd will also take the place of the missed 5th Tuesday Acoustic Night for Dec 31st.
(May 22, 2013) New Bookings Agent - We welcome Jim Clark as the new booking agent for the Folk Club. Jim brings with him an avid and eclectic appreciation of music, and will no doubt provide us with great performers for years to come! We bid a very fond farewell to Chris "Fang" Harnage for the wonderful concerts she's booked over the past 5 years, and hope that she and Harny enjoy their new life, spending more time down at their "country estate", Harmony Holler.
(April 30, 2013) 28th Birthday Celebration on May 21st! The Folk Club will be celebrating it's 28th Birthday this May at the Amphora Diner Deluxe. See the News/Notes page for additional info, and come out to join the fun!
(November 19, 2012) HOLIDAY SCHEDULE FOR OPEN MIKE NIGHTS - Due to the fact that both Christmas and New Year's Day fall on Tuesdays this year, the Folk Club Open Mike nights will fall on the following Wednesdays - December 26th, 2012, and January 2nd, 2013.
(March 28, 2012) NEW VENUE - arrangements have been made to host the Folk Club at the Amphora Deluxe Diner in Herndon. Follow the link in the heading above for venue information.
(March 14, 2012) **** The Beppe Gambetta concert is SOLD OUT ***
(March 13, 2012) SPECIAL REMINDER – the March 20th concert with Beppe Gambetta will be held at the Amphora Diner in Herndon. See the Concert Page for details.
(February 21, 2012)
**** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - WE ARE MOVING ****
The Tortilla Factory is closing. February 28, 2012 will be our last meeting here in Herndon. Please click HERE for details.
(January 2, 2012)
- There is a new article on the Special Pages section, remembering local guitar hero John Jackson on the 10th anniversary of his passing in January 2002.
- The Folk Club of Herndon-Reston's own Crys Matthews has been selected for an official showcase at the 2012 Folk Alliance International Conference in Memphis, TN. Click HERE for more information!
- We now have a calendar of events online so you can more easily check for upcoming concerts, showcases, and other events, including our new All-Acoustic Nights (see below)
- All-Acoustic Night on 5th Tuesdays! Every month that has 5 Tuesdays (March, May, August and November in 2011) will now feature an un-amplified version of our Open Mike Night. Un-amplified acoustic instruments and vocals will let people enjoy a purely acoustic sound, and give us a taste of the English pub scene that inspired our Club’s founders.
- The new MP3s/Videos page is up! Check out some archived member performances, including the new video of Kathleen “Kat” Farrar and Roger “Tex” Johnson!
- See pictures of some of our members at the 2010 Bluemont Fair on the Special Pages section
- Follow the adventures of Ray & Ellen Kaminsky “In search of America (& perhaps beyond…)”. Check out the links in our Special Pages section!
- Check out the new Special Pages section (on the navigation bar) for additional content. Photos from our 25th Birthday Party are online there!